Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Ten Commandments

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8384865/

I'm not really sure what to make of this. I am not or no where near a bible beater or a super church going person. I am however a very spiritual person. While i guess taking some of the ten commandment depictions across the nation down is logical, it just doesn't feel right.

I think the 10 commandments and other religous symbols are as a part of American history as apple pie, abe lincoln, and the flag. Religion is part of the reason this nation was created. I truly do not believe the 10 commandments harm anyone. They are a reminder of some simple truths we should have in the world. Maybe the who worshipping false Gods id a little religous, but oh well. Thou shalt not kill, steal, covet your neighbors wife; those are reminders that definetely should be found in the court room.

I do believe in a seperation of church and state. However i do believe in the influence of church. I believe it instills some sense and sensabilities in people. Some sense of virtue and honor. It does instill some meanings of right and wrong. It's been taken out of schools and the schools have gone crazy (there probably is a parallel between taking prayer out and the worsening conditions of public schools). Now taking it out of sight in the judicial may have that same effect down the road. If you don't see a reminder sometimes, you may lose sight of your own values and beliefs. Maybe some feel that has no purpose in a court room. I think it does.

1 Comments:

Blogger dalia alaa said...


. Lucky me I came across your website by chance
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home