Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Chrismas Cheer

Well it's Christmas Time in Hollis Queens,
Mom's cooking chicken and collard greens...
But that's a post for another day.

Christmas time this year was bitter sweet. For only the second time in my life I did not spend Christmas with my family. I did spend it with good friends though and that was cool. But nothing replaces your family. I say bitter sweet though because I look back at what all happend this year. I've had three friends get married, and one pair get engaged. I've had a friend buy a house and one move that much closer to finishing law school. I have a friend making her way up in the EPA while another happy to finally find a job. Many of my friends have found success whether it be love, work, or just personal fortune. For that I am grateful and feel blessed.

Personally, not much has happend this year. I slowly started working my way past my fear of flying. I got to keep my job. My family made out pretty well post Katrina. Other than that, it's been a pretty stable year. No fortune, fame or love came my way this year. Just stability. I guess that's all some people need sometimes. Guess that is my Christmas gift from God is the ability to start the new year no lower than I started last year. Can't complain about that. Do I want more? Of course. I want fortune, fame and love. But stability aint so bad I guess.

2006 Here I Come.