Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Oscar Snub

I finally had an opportunity to view the movie Crash and you know what?

I think it's as good as everyone said it was.

An all-star ensemble cast, none of whom got to steal the show, except I thought Don Cheadle was great as always and Ludacris did a good job, though it didn't stretch him.

It brought out the many racial issues facing this country, one being the lack of communication. In many of the mini-stories, which were tied together beautifully I might add, had that element of miscommunication between the races. Not being able to understand a foreigners dialect, thinking you know someone's motivations because of their skin color. Communication played an interesting role in this movie.

But it wasn't the display of how miscommunication can have an effect on a situation, but how the unspoken communication can also play a role. The story involving Thandie Newton, Terrence Howard and Matt Dillon was extremely dynamic where the males played both sides of the coin at different times. Believe me, I've never been in that specific situation, but I know how Terrence Howard felt. Black man's burden I guess.

All in all, a great movie. I'd recommend it to anyone. And by the way, what was up with that look Brendan Frasier gave ole girl the black chick at the end? Anyone catch that?

Oh yeah, by the way...STOP PASSING DON CHEADLE OVER FOR THE OSCAR!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home