Friday, July 14, 2006

Societal Priorities

I guess I'm trying to figure out our priorities in this country.
Iran's making noise,
N.Korea's testing Tipodong,
Lebanon and Israel are fighting like two women after the same man,
Gas is rising,
It's getting hotter,
Gas is rising.

There are so many issues out there in the world...and...a horse is one of the top stories. It seems that everywhere I turn I'm bombarded with stories about Barbaro. Barbaro...a freakin horse. Yesterday he was near death, his chances for survival "poor". Seems he had a great sleeplast night. Even slept on his side. Wow. I can't believe we're getting daily updates on a horse. Yes, he won the Kentucky Derby, but does that make him Baby Jessica? We're keeping watch over him like he's the President on his deathbed. Sort of like the Pope.

Are we that knumb of the world that a horse is treated with such importance? Horses get injured and die everyday. This one happend on tv. Why is it such a tear jerker? Am I missing something? It's like a pet dying. Sad, but not the beginning, middle, or end of the world. When the world's crumbling around us, we turn on our blinders and look to Mr. Ed. Wow!

1 Comments:

Blogger headliner said...

I feel ya, but Barbaro may be worth more than Puff Daddy. I know the masses may feel sympathy for Barbaro, but I also suspect his owners despite insurance are also feeling sympathy for their wallets.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home