Thursday, September 08, 2005

Frozen

Bet you thought I was going to write about the hurricane huh? I'm kinda tired of that and will leave that to a later date.

A friend of mine said he didn't know if he was capable of dating someone for more than two weeks. At least he'll get those two weeks. I'm not sure if I'm capable of dating at all.

As much as a love women, I can't seem to talk to them. I am frozen when I want to ask them out. How hard can it be to say, "Hey, I think you're cool and would love to take you out." Well for me, it's like making the State of the Union address in front of millions. I get stuck, tongue tied, frozen.

Case in point, there was this girl in college I liked, but she had a boyfriend. I've seen her recently and found that I still like her. No boyfriend around this time, but still I'm frozen. Can't force myself to really ask her out. Not that it would matter because I'm leaving anyway, but I would like to try.

Another case, there was a girl in Missouri I liked but she had a long term boyfriend. Too bad because she was cool too.

And it seems like circumstances always conspire against me. It's always the boyfriends, the distance, their age. But mostly it's me being scared to take a chance. Afraid of getting hurt again. I don't want to blame the ex for that (sidenote: the bitch) but that has something to do with it. I seem to find every reason not to talk to girls. Don't want it to be weird if she says no, don't want to lose a friend, don't like hearing NO, afraid to hear YES. Haven't heard that in so long I don't know what I'd do if a girl wanted to go out on a date with me.

I seem to always come back to I don't know. I just don't know what my problem is. Not to toot my own horn, but I feel like I'm a good catch. But I just can't get to the point to show it. For now I ride the road of lonliness. Waiting for God to put someone in my path. Wondering what was wrong with those already in my path. It'll all work itself out.

1 Comments:

Blogger headliner said...

Man, honestly I generally make it more than 2 weeks, i'll say 5 to 6 weeks tops. Don't put that pressure on yourself, just let it come to you, I figure i'm not cool enough to impress most women, so I just try to be myself and see what happens. And you know this of course, but bars and clubs are not good places to meet women but for some reason it's the easiest place to approach women (liquid courage I guess). It takes a little something for me to do this especially since I'm shy by nature, but lately I'll just start to talk to random women in other places like bookstores or coffee shops. You would be surprised how many good conversations you will get into. Now a lot of times it won't lead to dates, but its worth a shot.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home