Saturday, July 09, 2005

"America, F*&k Yeah"

Don't worry, I'm not being crude. I just had the pleasure of watching Team America, World Police. It's the puppet movie loosely, and i mean very loosely based on The War on Terror. The movie was created by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of South Park. I thought it was pretty funny, albeit with very crude humor. The action sequences were really good and the violence lifelike...for a puttet movie. If you like South Park type stuff, you'll like Team America.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also had the pleasure of recently watching Team America : World Police. WOW!!! Irreverant is the only way I could describe it (don't get me wrong, I still liked it). I used to think it would take a lot to make me truly blush - I was wrong. I am a huge South Park fan and would compare this largely to their later seasons (5+) where everything was fair game!

Trey and Matt are geniuses in their own right (and only in their own right), especially becasue they haven't been cursed down by the FCC and angry parents groups - but hey, cartoons and puppets can say anything!

9:37 AM  
Blogger The Underdog said...

And they can do anything. I never would have thought i'd ever see a puppet sex scene let alone replay it and say, "What the F@#k? Did i just see that?" Those guys are awesome, but believe me, if South Park spinoffs started popping up like reality shows, the FCC would come down full force. I love that song, "America!! F@#k Yeah!"

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home