Friday, July 01, 2005

R. Kelly's My Hero

And no, not the suspected pedifiliac (is that even a word?) R. Kelly, but the "In the Closet" R.Kelly. No matter what stupid stuff R. does, i can't get enough of his music. He has this talent for story telling that amazes me. It seems like a lot of his songs have a beginning, a plot and an ending. Maybe not his early works like "Sex Me" or "12 Play"...but wait, 12 Play kinda had a plot. It kept you wondering what more he could say by the time 12 came around.

Back to the present. His songs "In the Kitchen" and "In the Closet" are brilliant. Too me anyway. Very descriptive to the point where you could visualize every moment of everything he was describing. Of course, who hasn't had a kitchen fantasy or two huh? Come on who's with me? Anyway, "In the Closet" was so cool. The eerie music. The story itself, his unique sound. It was like a soap opera that made me wonder what was next. Unfortunately i downloaded it from a friend and caught the ending. Otherwise i would've had to wait awhile. Now i'm watching the videos which are very good as well. It captures the essence of the music.

I don't agree what R.'s eleged (sp?) lifestyle, but his music captures me. He seems to always find a new way to present something. Now if he could use these powers for good and not evil, maybe Jay Z wouldn't have kicked him off the tour.